At BBC Digital we take 'green' seriously.
In fact we can help in three ways
- A more efficient business uses less
Making our customer's businesses more efficient in paper use, toner use and printer life is one way we can all help the environment. Our Workflow Analysis is guaranteed to find savings in your business - savings that are earned through the more economical use of resources. And that's good for everybody.
Other initiatives here include document management and stat capture systems, reducing the need for additional paper files.
- Refurbishing and recycling
Demonstration machines and ex-rentals can live again. Many printers can be refurbished and upgraded to latest or recent software and firmware, with considerable savings for business.
BBC Digital also works closely with Close The Loop to recycle toner cartridges etc.
- Supporting our suppliers green initiatives
Amongst the initiatives we support are:
- Lanier's Green Partnership Concept, which aims to reduce environmental impact by producing and selling products with a low environmental impact. Through 'green procurement' Lanier attempts to procure raw materials from suppliers that have sound Environmental Management Systems, and also use materials that have a lower environmental impact. Lanier's partnership includes a 'take back' of used printers which are then recycled.
- Canon has several programs that we support, including Byteback (a take back scheme for IT equipment), laser cartridges recycling through Canons 'Cartridges 4 Planet Ark', effective stewardship of all end-of-life batteries through Canon's Australian Battery Recycling Initiative which uses recovery mechanisms capable of maximising the value from re-use of finite resources and no batteries to landfill.