The Problem and Its Cost
More than one-third of employees today spend at least 10 hours per week searching for business data, according to SearchYourCloud.com. The average executive wastes six weeks per year searching for important documents. This data chaos is costly. According to PricewaterhouseCoopers, it costs a company $20 to file a document, $120 to find a misplaced document, and $220 to reproduce a lost document. Can your business afford to throw away that kind of money?
Electronic Document Management
Electronic Document Management (EDM) helps to solve the problem of document chaos. Capture documents, record contents in searchable format, and link metadata with an EDM system. Once digitised, documents can be managed, distributed, searched, and archived with ease. EDM can preserve critical business information while protecting it, with options for roles-based permissions and automatic compliance with recordkeeping regulations.
Benefits of EDM:
• Time Savings — Time formerly spent on traditional paper- and disk-based document searches is freed for value-adding work.
• Optimal Security — Electronically-managed documents can be backed up and are better protected from disasters and loss due to human error, misfiling, or theft.
• Better Searching — Indexing and Optical Character Recognition (OCR) makes searching digital documents fast and thorough. Look for keywords, account numbers, names, or other metadata.
• Stronger Compliance — Digital document storage is simple and automated. EDM systems make accessing documents for auditing or regulatory purposes easy.
• Easier Sharing — With an EDM system, documents can be instantly accessed and shared. Version history and audit trails protect information and preserve transparency.
Document management can put an end to your odious document searches, and today’s technology makes the transition to digital easier than ever.
Contact us today to learn about Electronic Document Management for your office.